This is the first official entry of my blog that I've been wanting to start for a while now. I have to say that my inspiration is my friend Katheryn Jarvis and I love to read her blog. Her posts about her kids and what they've been up to make me laugh. I'm already seeing Nicholas do some of the same things and it helps me prepare somewhat for what might be around the corner. Can you ever be truly prepared when it comes to children?
The first story I'd like to share actually happened this morning. I let my dog Sebastian (a miniature schnauzer) out in the backyard to do his business. While waiting for him I'm usually standing by the doors on the lanai playing games like "peek-a-boo" through the glass with Nicholas. One of Nicholas' latest things is opening and closing doors, over and over again. He had just opened the door and I closed it. I turned to let Sebastian in the screen door, then went to open the door to go in the house and.....IT WAS LOCKED!
A little flutter of panic went through me as I thought about how I was going to get this door unlocked and get back in the house with Nicholas. I tried the door a few more times and it was most definitely locked. I had no spare key on me and no phone. I remembered that my parents, who live in front of me, had a spare house key and if I hurried fast enough across the yard and back maybe Nicholas would be alright. I said a mental prayer of "thanks" that I was fully clothed and hurried over to my parents.
When I got back with the key Nicholas was still standing at the doors to the lanai, probably wondering where his mommy was, and Sebastian was still in the lanai. I realized upon looking at the lock that Nicholas had turned the upper deadbolt lock just enough to make the door unable to open. So the lesson I learned for next time is to take Nicholas out with me, or have a spare key on me, just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




The blog looks great! And you are right, this was definitely the perfect story for a blog :) He is such a cutie! I know you are going to have tons more stories to share and I am so looking forwarding to reading them!
ReplyDeleteA couple of blogs that me and others have used to get a blackground is http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ and http://www.shabbyblogs.com/backgrounds.html
If you have any questions feel free to ask me anytime!
I can't wait to hear more stories!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! My heart was pumping as I read the post. What a blessing it ended the way it did. My luck I would have been in my pj's.
ReplyDeleteI can't get enough of how Darling Nicolas is. And how did he get so big so fast? I was just holding him the other day... and now he is running around? Oh they grow up way to fast! Happy to see you are a blogger!
xoxoxo
Kelly Thompson
Yeah I am excited you have a blog! I can not wait to hear more fun stories!
ReplyDeleteWow Nicholas is getting smarter every day and cuter! :) but yes I would either take him with me or just have a spare key ;) love always~britty <3
ReplyDelete