So I started off my blog with a bang and then......nothing for months! It's been harder to make time to keep up with doing blog entries than I thought. Most of my time is spent keeping up with Nicholas. He turned 2 years old on May 17th (I can hardly believe it) and things have stayed pretty busy with him. He's trying to say new words everyday and he tries to do everything he sees mommy and daddy do.
The biggest change that has happened recently in the Bryan house is that Nicholas realized he could climb in and out of his crib this past Saturday. Needless to say, he did not get a nap that day (and neither did mommy)! We very quickly tried to child-proof his room as much as possible and made his crib where he could get in and out of it more easily. In fact, I spent most of my day this past Monday rearranging his room and closet.
My night and day routine has been greatly affected by this recent change. Depending on whether Nicholas takes an afternoon nap during the day seems to alter his bedtime schedule drastically. Also, I can't go to sleep myself until I know that Nicholas is asleep and safe in his bed. As a result, I only got 4 hours of sleep one night! I've been trying to shorten his afternoon naps and putting him to bed earlier to try to get things on an even keel.
Yesterday my parents stopped at a consignment store and found a really nice toddler bed with a mattress for Nicholas. My dad replaced the few bolts that it was missing and cleaned it all up. I love my dad so much for doing things like this, especially for Nicholas. Plus, I love and appreciate both of my parents for all that they do to help out where Nicholas is concerned.
I liked the toddler bed a lot especially because it's lower to the floor than his crib, so if he were to fall out of it there's a shorter distance to the floor. This is the real reason why my dad wanted to get it for Nicholas, because he didn't want his only grandchild to hurt himself falling out of bed. I feel the same way, of course, since Nicholas is my only child.
My dad and I brought the toddler bed into Nicholas' room and showed it to him. I told him it was his "big boy" bed. He loved it! Here are a few pictures I took to capture the moment.
The biggest change that has happened recently in the Bryan house is that Nicholas realized he could climb in and out of his crib this past Saturday. Needless to say, he did not get a nap that day (and neither did mommy)! We very quickly tried to child-proof his room as much as possible and made his crib where he could get in and out of it more easily. In fact, I spent most of my day this past Monday rearranging his room and closet.
My night and day routine has been greatly affected by this recent change. Depending on whether Nicholas takes an afternoon nap during the day seems to alter his bedtime schedule drastically. Also, I can't go to sleep myself until I know that Nicholas is asleep and safe in his bed. As a result, I only got 4 hours of sleep one night! I've been trying to shorten his afternoon naps and putting him to bed earlier to try to get things on an even keel.
Yesterday my parents stopped at a consignment store and found a really nice toddler bed with a mattress for Nicholas. My dad replaced the few bolts that it was missing and cleaned it all up. I love my dad so much for doing things like this, especially for Nicholas. Plus, I love and appreciate both of my parents for all that they do to help out where Nicholas is concerned.
I liked the toddler bed a lot especially because it's lower to the floor than his crib, so if he were to fall out of it there's a shorter distance to the floor. This is the real reason why my dad wanted to get it for Nicholas, because he didn't want his only grandchild to hurt himself falling out of bed. I feel the same way, of course, since Nicholas is my only child.
My dad and I brought the toddler bed into Nicholas' room and showed it to him. I told him it was his "big boy" bed. He loved it! Here are a few pictures I took to capture the moment.
Nicholas trying out his new bed for the first time.
Posing for the camera.
Having some fun playing with our dog, Sebastian.

Finally asleep!




Looks like he is really enjoying his new "big boy" bed:) Awe, he does look like such a "big boy" now I LOVE these pics, he is adorable! Hopefully now you will get some rest:)
ReplyDeleteThey do grow up so fast!! He is so cute and he is looking more like a little man everyday! Hope he enjoys his new bed!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cute boy! I love to watch him at church. They really do grow up so fast. Hope you can get some sleep and so happy to see him loving being a big boy!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cutie!!!!! He looks like cuch a "big boy" now! I agree with my mom these pics. are too cute! :) i love how he just poses for the camera super adorable! I bet that he was so happy for his "big boy" bed :) that was so sweet of your parents to get that for him:) love always~britty <3
ReplyDelete