No, I'm not talking about me or my home. Not yet anyway.
Today while I was out and about with my parents, Nicholas and my sister-in-law, Darla, we happened to be going by where the crew from the television show "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" and volunteers are building a home in the Middleburg area.

Over the years I've watched the show from time to time. It usually has some kind of tear-jerker moment that makes me cry, but you never get to see some of the behind the scenes action. Anyway, I told my parents that I really wanted us to drive by since we were so close, so they did. After all, when would I ever get another chance to see something like this so close to home?
Security is pretty tight, and fortunately we were able to give the security guard the address of someone we knew in the neighborhood, so we got to drive right by the house. We saw the staging area, the shuttle for people who wanted to do some spectating, and buses for all of the volunteer workers. They even had an "eating schedule" posted on a pole at the work site. There was a lot of activity going on, and we could see some of the workers completing work on the roof.
The house looks huge! We were told it's about a 4,000 square foot home and it's being built for the girl's volleyball coach at Middleburg High School. She took in three girls who are sisters that lost their parents, and she's also done a lot more to help people over the years. The news report I recently saw said that this particular episode of the show is scheduled to air on Mother's Day. I'm definitely going to watch it and can't wait to see how the inside of the house looks.





I have really been wanting to go by. I'm going to have to today!! Could really use the address of someone in the area... :)
ReplyDelete