Last night Rick and I were both sitting in our office. I was finishing up some things on the computer and he was watching some kind of show on television. It was getting late and I was just about to put Nicholas in the bed. Nicholas had been in the room with us a while and then he was watching television in the family room.
I asked Rick he if wouldn't mind putting Nicholas down for the night and he said he would when he got ready to. I hadn't seen Nicholas for a few minutes so I was just about ready to get up to check on him when Rick decided to get up. The next thing I hear is Rick yelling and I knew something bad had happened.
I walked into the kitchen to see Rick fuming over by our small fish tank in the breakfast nook. Apparently, our sweet little boy had decided to feed the fish. There was water all over the floor, his shirt was wet, and there was cat food in the fish tank. Yes, I said cat food.
Nicholas had put some of our cat's pellet type food in the fish tank and there was a lot of it! Rick was so upset because he was already very tired and was just about to go to bed himself, then he had a mess to clean up. It was important to get the food out of the tank before the fish ate too much of it or they would die. Well, I got Nicholas in the bed and let Rick cool off as he cleaned up the mess.
I haven't turned on the fish tank light yet today, and I'm sort of afraid to look in case there are dead fish. I know this is one of those things that children do, and I could even find some humor in it last night after it happened. However, I think it will take quite a while before Rick can find any humor in it. One day, when we are much older, we'll both be able to look back at this and laugh.
I should probably mention here that this isn't the first time that Nicholas put something in the fish tank. I walked into the kitchen a few weeks ago to see Nicholas on his little stool by the fish tank and he had just dropped a small clock in the tank. Well, I could kind of see why he thought the clock should go in the tank because it's actually a clock in the shape of a fish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment