
I was so very happy to have been able to go to Orlando this past Saturday to see my cousin Hilary Jensen marry Rob McClellan for time and all eternity in the temple. It was touch and go for a while there knowing if I was going to be able to attend or not, but my sweet husband helped worked things out because he knew how disappointed I would have been if I hadn't been able to go. We had a shortage of babysitters with Rick's mom out of town and my mom not feeling well, so my husband stayed home with Nicholas and sent his sister Darla with me so I would have a traveling companion. Darla is a wonderful sister-in-law and we had a really great trip and enjoyed talking with each other there and back.
Hilary and Rob had a wonderful ceremony and Austin Tilton was their sealer. There were friends and family that I got to visit with that I hadn't seen in quite a while. The sealing room was almost full and we all enjoyed the special spirit that was there. Hilary looked beautiful and both she and Rob looked so happy when they entered the room. I admit that I was a little emotional and was happy that I had some kleenex with me when my eyes got a little teary. Even though Hilary is my cousin, she has always seemed like my little sister to me.
After the ceremony was over we all congratulated Rob and Hilary on the way out of the room, then went downstairs to wait for them. Hilary changed into her wedding dress and Rob changed into his tuxedo. They both looked so happy when they walked outside the temple doors! We all took pictures, and more pictures, then we all headed around to the front of the temple for even more pictures and a big group picture.

It was very, very hot on Saturday and we all had to keep wiping the sweat off our brows. It reminded me of the day I got married because it was so hot that day also. Hilary made a beautiful bride and they really do make a beautiful couple together. They are spending this next week on their honeymoon and will have their reception this coming Saturday.

We spent a little while at the bookstore before heading home, and even though it had been a wonderful day I couldn't wait to get home to see my sweet little Nicholas and Rick.




No comments:
Post a Comment