Monday, July 19, 2010

Night-Night

I absolutely LOVE to hear my son say "night-night" back to me when I'm putting him to bed. Except right now, it comes out more like "ni-ni" without the "t" sound. He also waves to me as he's saying night-night and it's just the cutest thing. I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing him say it.

After he goes sound asleep I always go into his room to check on him. I usually end up removing several books and a few small toys that he has piled around himself in his bed. He still sleeps all over his little toddler bed like he used to do in his crib, but eventually I know he'll get used to it and will end up sleeping with his head and feet pointing in the right directions.

Last night was the first time that Nicholas fell asleep by his bedroom door. I had heard him playing with the doorstop and I guess he just got tired enough that he fell asleep right there. Rick picked him up and gently put him in his bed.

I found Nicholas sleeping like this when I went to check on him Saturday night. I'm not sure how long he stayed in this position, but I would think that after a while the blood would drain from your legs and they would start to tingle. I didn't want to move him in case it woke him up, and he actually fluttered his eyes open for a second because of the flash from my camera!

1 comment:

  1. It is crazy what position kids can sleep in! He sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete