Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome Home

Yesterday my brother-in-law, Jay, flew home for a 2 week vacation from working in Kuwait. My sister-in-law, Darla, called me from the airport just before 9 a.m. and was anxiously awaiting Jay's arrival. She was both excited and a little nervous to see her husband because he had been gone for 6 months. But after talking with me for a few minutes she was able to calm down. She always tells me that she feels a lot better after talking with me, and that I'm the best "sister" in the world. That makes me feel wonderful!

Later in the afternoon Jay and Darla came over to visit with me and Nicholas for a little while before we headed over to my parent's house for dinner. Nicholas loves his uncle Jay and was so happy to see him. We've been able to see and talk with Jay via our webcam over the last 6 months with Nicholas sitting in my lap at our computer. So, when Darla and Jay walked through my front door yesterday Nicholas had the biggest smile on his face and ran into his Uncle Jay's open arms. I took this picture to show the big smiles on both of their faces!

This is such a good picture of both of them. I absolutely LOVE it!


We all had a really nice visit, and Nicholas and Jay played together for quite a while. My mom had decided to have a "Welcome Home" dinner for Jay, so we all gathered at my parent's house yesterday evening for a wonderful meal. Then later, Rick's parent's came over for Family Home Evening. After we had Family Home Evening and dessert we all enjoyed visiting with Jay even more. He will leave after his vacation is over to go back to work in Kuwait for another 6 months. He's got a busy schedule these next 2 weeks, but I hope we get to see him at least one more time before he leaves.

3 comments:

  1. Auntie and Uncles are wonderful! I love watching my little ones with all their aunties and uncles. Welcome home Jay and Yeah Darla! I bet that was a happy woman at the airport. 6 months is a long time. Your mom is a sweetie to welcome him home with a yummy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw I bet that Nicholas was very happy to see his Uncle Jay! :) I mean look at that smile! He is so cute :) I would have loved to see Darla's face when Jay got off that plane :) then to top it off a wonderful dinner sounds like the perfect day (it took me forever to find your blog:) love always~britty <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute picture! Hope you all have a wonderful visit together!

    ReplyDelete